AWARD-WINNING, CHART-TOPPING SAXOPHONIST DANNY KUSZ
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW CONTENT
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW CONTENT
Minneapolis based saxophonist was named the hippest jazz cat by Minneapolis/St.Paul Magazine back in 2007 for a reason. His energetic and passionate performances, innovative blend of genres, explosive sound, one-of-a-kind style and a zest for life truly earns him this title. Danny has had a truly remarkable career which has earned him 2 Los Angeles music awards, multiple Minnesota Music Award nominations, a cover story on The Jazz In M.E.E. January 2016 issue, 3 solo albums and multiple top 10 charting songs including a #3 single on the GrooveJazz chart.
After being a side man for many years, Danny decided to step front and center in 2014. His impressive resume has put him on stage with Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Joey DeFrancesco, Althea Renee, Adam Hawley, Eric Leeds, Will Donato, N’Dambi, Anthony David, Phil Denny, DW3, Selina Albright, Nils, Lindsey Webster and Bobbly Lyle. Danny has also opened for Morris Day & The Time, Stanley Jordan, Harvey Mason and has headlined multiple festivals and clubs such as The Dakota Jazz Club, Jazz at Jacks, Bethesda Jazz Club, Gallery Suite Jazz Series, Catalina Jazz Club, Spaghettini’s, The Twin Cities Jazz Festival, Burnsville Jazz Festival, Selby Jazz Festival, Jazz 88.5 Winter Jazz Festival and The Little Apple Jazz Festival.
Danny is a rising star and has quickly captured the attention of fans, promoters and media in the entire contemporary jazz market. DeepPocketsJazz.com said, “Shall we just call 2017 the year of Danny Kusz? Quite possibly. This cat has been bubbling just under the mainstream and seems to be ready to explode.” And Smoothjazz.com says “Danny is rejuvenating smooth jazz.” And Danny is doing just that. Many artists and industry professionals have also called Danny the next generation David Sanborn. In the fall of 2016, Danny signed with California based record label Innervision Records and released his first single off the label “Can’t Stop the Groove,” which was a top 10 GrooveJazz chart single and was also picked up by Sirius XM and MusicChoice radio. With Danny’s talent, confidence and business acumen, he is surely to be smooth jazz’ next star.
Danny is endorsed by Andreas Eastman, Silverstein Works, Applied Microphone Technologies and MARCA Reeds. Danny plays an Eastman 52nd street alto sax, a Bobby Dukoff vintage
miami (Modified) mouthpiece, a Silverstein CRYO4 Gold ligature, the AMT LS-Q7 Mini wireless microphone and MARCA Jazz reeds size #3. Danny also uses Logic Pro X, with a Focusrite
Scarlett 2i2 for live performances. For recording, Danny uses Logic Pro X, with an Apogee Duet audio interface with an AKG C214 microphone.
• Perfect Note – Birmingham, AL (Sold out show)
St. James Live – Atlanta, GA (Sold out show)
• Spaghettini's – Los Angeles, CA (Sold out CD release show)
• Phil Denny's Gallery Suite Jazz Series – Lansing, MI (Sold out CD release show)
• Phil Denny's Christmas Collective – Lansing, MI (With David P. Stevens & Selina Albright)
• Bethesda Jazz Club – Bethesda, MD (With Big NY & Lindsey Webster)
• Little Apple Jazz Festival – Manhattan, KS (Headliner)
• Jazz @ Jacks – Denver, CO (David Sanborn Tribute)
• The Soiled Dove – Denver, CO (Sold out show)
• The J-Spot Jazz Event – Houston, TX
• Catalina Jazz Club – Hollywood, CA
• Dakota Jazz Club – Minneapolis, MN (Sold out CD release show)
• Selby Jazz Fest – Saint Paul, MN (Co-headliner with Harvey Mason)
* Burnsville Jazz Festi – Burnsville, MN (Headliner)
• Hot Summer Jazz Festival – Minneapolis, MN (Headliner)
Music can also be purchased on CDBaby, AmazonMusic and all other digital music media outlets